Welcome to the Winchester Arms, Trull....
SLOE GIN COMPETITION 2020
Our Annual Sloe Gin Competition will take place on Sunday 12th January at 5pm.
1) Must have been made this year
2) All entries must be anonymous
3) All entries must be submitted in a plain bottle as provided by the Winch (collect from the Bar)
4) Judges are independent and impartial, they cannot enter the competition themselves nor can any of their kith and kin.
More about the Winchester Arms:-
Nestling at the bottom of the Blackdown Hills just 1.5 miles from the centre of the county town of Taunton, The Winchester Arms is a traditional village pub situated in the beautiful village of Trull just over a mile from Taunton.
Whether you're after a light bite for lunch, a delicious dinner, a bed for the the night, or just a quiet pint, you've found the right place!! In addition our beer garden is a rural idyll with comfortable picnic tables to sit at as you listen to the bird song and the adjacent babbling brook!
We pride ourselves in providing a good range of well kept real ales, ciders, a wide selection of wines and we serve traditional homemade meals and our Specials Board always contains some mouth watering options.
We hope to see you soon!
What's On at the Winch
SUNDAY NIGHT IS QUIZ NIGHT - ENJOY AN EVENING MEAL AND THEN STAY ON FOR THE QUIZ AT 8:30pm NB The Quiz will still take place in the pub as usual - even with the Beer Festival in full swing!!
- TAUNTON RACES - Tuesday 7th January - come and support the Love Musgrove Raceday
- SLOE GIN COMPETITION - Sunday 12th January at 5pm
- TRIP TO POOLE AND THE GREYHOUNDS - Saturday 25th January - £40 per head (pay when booking)
- WINCH WALK - Saturday 18th April - Our Annual Charity Walk for will take place on a Saturday in April - further walk details and those of the Charity we will be raising funds for to be announced in due course (see separate page for more details)
- BEER, CIDER and MUSIC FESTIVAL - Friday 31st July to Sunday 2nd August - planning for our 3rd Annual Festival is already well advanced, come and join in the fun and sample some new beers and ciders as well as enjoying some familiar favourites.